Create Lasting Behavior Change in Your Leaders
Everything DiSC Work of Leaders approaches leadership as a one-to-many relationship, as opposed to the one-to-one relationship explored in Everything DiSC Management. It focuses on tangible steps directed at leading a group or organization toward desired outcomes.
Using the framework of Vision, Alignment, and Execution, Everything DiSC Work of Leaders encourages leaders to understand their own leadership behaviors and how they impact their effectiveness. Rich, compelling narrative adds depth to the data and strong visuals support the learning process by illustrating key messages.
Consistently thought-provoking, Everything DiSC Work of Leaders stimulates fresh conversations and perspectives regardless of the leader’s knowledge or experience. It’s an opportunity for leaders at all levels of learning to reflect on how they approach each step of their work. In addition, Work of Leaders encourages reflection and discussion about the team and the organization. Everything DiSC Work of Leaders helps leaders take action with personalized tips and strategies that give clear direction and are easy to apply. Context-specific feedback and developmental steps along with helpful case-in-point narratives show how progress can play out in real life.
Research and Development
- Result of four-year research and development effort
- Analyzed and distilled the work of prominent leadership researchers
- Input from more than 300 subject matter experts at over 150 organizations
- Identified leadership best practices
- Fully scripted Leader’s Guide, with supporting presentation and participant handouts
- All-new leadership-focused video: pick and choose clips that fit your needs. Use the video three ways: stand-alone clips, integrated with the presentation, integrated into your custom presentation
- Easily customizable: create an end-to-end leadership development program or concentrate on specific areas. Switch out video clips, modify the presentation, Leader’s Guide and handouts. Add or delete sections to fit any timeframe.
- Experiential learning activities with thought-provoking partner and group discussions
Switch out video clips. Modify the PowerPoint, Facilitator’s Guide, and handouts. Add or delete sections to fit any timeframe.
The Everything DiSC Work of Leaders® Facilitation Toolkit includes:
- Leader’s Guide in MS Word (customizable)
- PowerPoint with embedded video (customizable)
- Stand-alone, menu-driven video
- Participant handouts in MS Word (customizable)
- 36 individual podcast clips including an introduction to each step of the Work of Leaders model—vision, alignment, and execution—tips for interpreting the 18 continua, and more
- Sample Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Profile
- Work of Leaders posters
- Optional Activity: Discovering DiSC
- Templates and images
- Online resources and research
Module 1: Introduction to the Work of Leaders - Explores how DiSC styles inform the role of leaders and introduces the eight priorities of the Everything DiSC Leadership Map. 60-70 minutes.
Module 2: Vision - Examines the defining elements of a vision, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—exploration, boldness, testing assumptions—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area. 75-90 minutes.
Module 3: Alignment - Examines the defining elements of alignment, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—clarity, dialogue, inspiration—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area. 80-90 minutes.
Module 4: Execution - Examines the defining elements of execution, the behaviors associated with its three drivers—momentum, structure, feedback—and challenges learners to discover the advantages and disadvantages of their tendencies in this area. 60-75 minutes.
Module 5: Action Planning - Role playing interview simulation engages learners in identifying their strengths and challenges in each of the three key areas of the Work of Leaders model and, selecting one key challenge area, crafting a complete action plan for improvement. 60-75 minutes.
Optional Activity: Everything DiSC Comparison Report - An insightful and robust 10-page research-validated report highlighting the DiSC profiles of any two individuals—even people who have taken different Everything DiSC profiles, such as a Manager and a direct report who completed Everything DiSC Workplace. Report illustrates their similarities and differences, potential roadblocks in working together, and practical tips for improving working relationships between colleagues. Sample Everything DiSC Comparison Report provided free in the Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Facilitator Toolkit.
Optional Activity: Discovering DiSC - Takes participants step-by-step through the framework of the DiSC model to help them identify their style and explore the priorities that drive them as leaders.